- 1 What are the 4 types of agriculture?
- 2 What is the goal of alternative agriculture?
- 3 Why was alternative farming developed?
- 4 What are the types of sustainable agriculture?
- 5 What are the two major types of agriculture?
- 6 What are the 2 types of agriculture?
- 7 What are the three main goals of sustainable agriculture?
- 8 What are at least 3 specific examples of sustainable agriculture?
- 9 Why the agriculture is important?
- 10 What are the alternative for development of agriculture?
- 11 What was another alternative to agriculture farming?
- 12 What type of agriculture is mostly Practised in India?
- 13 Which is the best definition of sustainable agriculture?
- 14 What are the basic principles of sustainable agriculture?
- 15 Why agriculture is not sustainable?
What are the 4 types of agriculture?
1. Subsistence farming:-
- Intensive subsistence farming:-
- Primitive subsistence farming:-
- Shifting cultivation:-
- Commercial grain farming:-
- Commercial mixed farming:-
- Commercial plantation farming:-
What is the goal of alternative agriculture?
Sustainable agricultural practices are intended to protect the environment, expand the Earth’s natural resource base, and maintain and improve soil fertility. Based on a multi-pronged goal, sustainable agriculture seeks to: Increase profitable farm income. Promote environmental stewardship.
Why was alternative farming developed?
Alternatives to conventional farming should be embraced to improve subsistence farmers ‘ yields and to ensure adequate food production for the growing global population. It was developed in Australia in the 1970s based on agroecology and indigenous farming systems.
What are the types of sustainable agriculture?
Methods of Sustainable Agriculture
- Crop Rotation. Crop rotation is one of the most powerful techniques of sustainable agriculture.
- Cover Crops.
- Soil Enrichment.
- Natural Pest Predators.
- Bio intensive Integrated Pest Management.
- Polyculture Farming.
What are the two major types of agriculture?
Today, there are two divisions of agriculture, subsistence and commercial, which roughly correspond to the less developed and more developed regions.
What are the 2 types of agriculture?
Answer. short scale farming and large scale farming are the two types of Agriculture based on the availability of land.
What are the three main goals of sustainable agriculture?
Sustainable agriculture integrates three main goals – environmental health, economic profitability, and social equity (Figure 1).
What are at least 3 specific examples of sustainable agriculture?
Over decades of science and practice, several key sustainable farming practices have emerged—for example:
- Rotating crops and embracing diversity.
- Planting cover crops.
- Reducing or eliminating tillage.
- Applying integrated pest management (IPM).
- Integrating livestock and crops.
- Adopting agroforestry practices.
Why the agriculture is important?
For decades, agriculture has been associated with the production of essential food crops. Agriculture is the backbone of the economic system of a given country. In addition to providing food and raw material, agriculture also provides employment opportunities to a very large percentage of the population.
What are the alternative for development of agriculture?
Alternatives include using animal and green manure rather than chemical fertilizers, integrated pest management instead of chemical pesticides, reduced tillage, crop rotation (especially with legumes to add nitrogen), alternative crops, or diversification of the farm enterprise. Source: Agriculture Fact Book, USDA.
What was another alternative to agriculture farming?
Greenhouse production. Hydroponic production. Organically grown bedding plants and fruit trees. Potted annuals.
What type of agriculture is mostly Practised in India?
Majority of farmers in India practice subsistence farming. It is characterised by small and scattered land holdings and use of primitive tools, like hoe and digging sticks by family members. As the farmers are poor, they do not use fertilisers and high yielding variety of seeds in their fields.
Which is the best definition of sustainable agriculture?
Sustainable agriculture is a type of agriculture that focuses on producing long-term crops and livestock while having minimal effects on the environment. This type of agriculture tries to find a good balance between the need for food production and the preservation of the ecological system within the environment.
What are the basic principles of sustainable agriculture?
The report sets out five key principles that balance the social, economic and environmental dimensions of sustainability: 1) improving efficiency in the use of resources; 2) conserving, pro- tecting and enhancing natural ecosystems; 3) protecting and improving rural liveli- hoods and social well-being; 4) enhancing the
Why agriculture is not sustainable?
Leading among the causes of unsustainable agriculture are inadequate or inappropriate policies which include pricing, subsidy and tax policies which have encouraged the excessive, and often uneconomic, use of inputs such as fertilizers and pesticides, and the overexploitation of land.