- 1 What is the importance of concrete technology?
- 2 What concrete means?
- 3 What are the 5 types of cement?
- 4 How do I learn concrete technology?
- 5 What are the 4 components of concrete?
- 6 What are the two types of concrete?
- 7 Where is concrete used?
- 8 What is a concrete thinker?
- 9 What’s a concrete example?
- 10 Which type of cement is best?
- 11 What is the most common type of cement?
- 12 What are the classification of cement?
What is the importance of concrete technology?
It addresses the properties of concrete needed in construction applications, including strength and durability, and provides guidance on all aspects of concrete from mix design to batching, mixing, transporting, placing, consolidating, finishing, and curing.
What concrete means?
concrete, in construction, structural material consisting of a hard, chemically inert particulate substance, known as aggregate (usually sand and gravel), that is bonded together by cement and water.
What are the 5 types of cement?
- Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC) Ordinary Portland cement is the most widely used type of cement, which is suitable for all general concrete construction.
- Portland Pozzolana Cement (PPC)
- Rapid Hardening Cement.
- Quick setting cement.
- Low Heat Cement.
- Sulfates Resisting Cement.
- Blast Furnace Slag Cement.
- High Alumina Cement.
How do I learn concrete technology?
Cementing material is the vital component of the concrete, hence study of process of manufacturing of cement, types of cement and their properties are covered in this course. More videos on YouTube.
|Enrollment Ends:||14 Oct 2020|
|Category:||Computer Science and Engineering|
What are the 4 components of concrete?
Concrete is made up of four main ingredients: water, Portland cement, aggregates, and air.
What are the two types of concrete?
The Types of Concrete
- Normal Strength Concrete. This concrete combines all the basic ingredients — concrete, sand and aggregate — using the 1:2:4 ratio.
- Plain or Ordinary Concrete.
- Reinforced Concrete.
- Prestressed Concrete.
- Precast Concrete.
- Lightweight Concrete.
- High-Density Concrete.
- Air-Entrained Concrete.
Where is concrete used?
Cement is mainly used as a binder in concrete, which is a basic material for all types of construction, including housing, roads, schools, hospitals, dams and ports, as well as for decorative applications (for patios, floors, staircases, driveways, pool decks) and items like tables, sculptures or bookcases.
What is a concrete thinker?
Concrete thinking is a more literal form of thinking that focuses on the physical world. Concrete thinkers may take information at face value without thinking beyond or generalizing the information to other meanings or situations.
What’s a concrete example?
A concrete example is an example that can be touched or sensed as opposed to an abstract example which can’t be. Let’s say that I’m trying to describe addition. An abstract example of addition is something like this: 3 coins is the sum of 1 coin added to 2 coins.
Which type of cement is best?
Best Cement in India is Ultratech Cement, ACC, Ambuja Cement, Shree Cement, Ramco Cement, The India Cements Limited, Binani Cement, Wonder Cement, JSW Cement, and Mycem Cement. Followings are two best types of cement for house construction. Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC). Portland Pozzolana Cement (PPC).
What is the most common type of cement?
Portland cement is the most common type of cement in general use around the world as a basic ingredient of concrete, mortar, stucco, and non-specialty grout.
What are the classification of cement?
These are rapid-hardening cement (RHC), quick-setting cement (QSC), low-heat cement (LHC), sulphate-resisting cement (SRC), blast furnace slag cement (BFSC), high-alumina cement (HAC), white cement (WC), coloured cement (CC), pozzolanic cement (PzC), air-entraining cement (AEC), and hydrophobic cement (HpC).