- 1 What is the work of a science laboratory technology?
- 2 Where can I work if I study science laboratory technology?
- 3 Can science laboratory technology work in hospital?
- 4 What are the courses under Science Laboratory Technology?
- 5 Is a lab technician a scientist?
- 6 Is lab technician a good career?
- 7 What qualifications do I need to be a lab technician?
- 8 Can I work in a lab without a degree?
- 9 What skills do you need to work in a lab?
- 10 What is the difference between medical lab science and science lab technology?
- 11 Why should I become a lab technician?
- 12 What is the salary of a lab technician in Ghana?
- 13 How many years course is SLT?
- 14 What is the importance of science laboratory?
What is the work of a science laboratory technology?
They are involved in a variety of laboratory based investigation within biological, chemical, physical and life scientific areas where they; Assist in chemical analysis in laboratories in educational institutions, food and chemical industries, research institutes etc.
Where can I work if I study science laboratory technology?
Hospitals, Educational institutions, Food industries, Oil companies, Breweries, Petrochemical industries, Pharmaceutical companies, Agro-based industries, Cosmetics industries, Quality control officers in different companies, Some others include water industry, pharmacology research labs, Physiology research labs,
Can science laboratory technology work in hospital?
Generally speaking you can work in almost any medical, farmaceutical, and biotechnological lab. Some countries require you to have a specific diploma to work in medical labs, though. You can work in 24h labs, toxicology labs, immunology labs, microbiology labs,… and a whole lot of different ones.
What are the courses under Science Laboratory Technology?
The following are the list of Science Laboratory Technology Courses in Nigeria
- Analytical Chemistry.
- Applied Parasitology.
- Applied Storage Techniques.
- Applied Vector and Pest Management.
- Biological Sciences Techniques.
- Biological Techniques.
- Biology of Pests of Stored Products.
- Population Genetics.
Is a lab technician a scientist?
Medical laboratory science professionals (also called clinical laboratory scientists or clinical laboratory technicians ) are highly skilled scientists who discover the presence or absence of disease and provide data that help physicians determine the best treatment for the patient.
Is lab technician a good career?
Medical Lab technology is a productive and challenging field. The initial salary package for a medical lab technology / technician ranges from Rs 10,000 – Rs 20,000 per month in hospitals and in clinics. One can also earn a good amount as a freelancer. The pay packages gradually increase with years of experience.
What qualifications do I need to be a lab technician?
- knowledge of chemistry including the safe use and disposal of chemicals.
- knowledge of biology.
- the ability to work well with your hands.
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- the ability to use your initiative.
- the ability to work well with others.
- administration skills.
- maths knowledge.
Can I work in a lab without a degree?
Medical lab assistants typically need an associate degree or postsecondary certificate in medical laboratory technology or a related field. Most employers provide training for lab assistants with no experience before the official start of your employment.
What skills do you need to work in a lab?
Key skills for laboratory technicians
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good teamworking skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Time management.
What is the difference between medical lab science and science lab technology?
The Science Laboratory Technology Program prepares graduates for employment in chemical, biological, and associated science laboratories. Medical Laboratory Assistant and Technicians are trained in the College of Health Technology while Medical Laboratory Scientists are trained in the universities.
Why should I become a lab technician?
Cross Between Science, Tech and Healthcare Medical lab technicians use high tech equipment daily to test samples of the human body for diagnosis. For individuals who love science, technology and healthcare, a medical lab tech career is a perfect mix of all three fields.
What is the salary of a lab technician in Ghana?
How much money does a Laboratory Technician make in Ghana? A person working as a Laboratory Technician in Ghana typically earns around 3,590 GHS per month. Salaries range from 1,830 GHS (lowest) to 5,530 GHS (highest). This is the average monthly salary including housing, transport, and other benefits.
How many years course is SLT?
In Nigeria, if you gain admission to study Science Laboratory Technology at the university through JAMB UTME, you will study Science Laboratory Technology for four years.
|Course||Science Laboratory Technology|
|How many years||3 – 4 Years|
|Who can study this couse||Science student|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
What is the importance of science laboratory?
Science lab equipment allows students to interact directly with the data gathered. They get a first-hand learning experience by performing various experiments on their own. Students are made to use the models and understand different scientific theories and concepts.