- 1 Where can I work if I study science laboratory technology?
- 2 Can science laboratory technology work in hospital?
- 3 What is the function of science laboratory technology?
- 4 How long does it take to study science laboratory technology?
- 5 What skills do you need to work in a lab?
- 6 Can I work in a lab without a degree?
- 7 What is the difference between medical lab science and science lab technology?
- 8 What is the cut off mark for Science Laboratory Technology?
- 9 What are the courses under Science Laboratory Technology?
- 10 What is the importance of science laboratory?
- 11 Is lab technician a good career?
- 12 Is a lab technician a scientist?
- 13 What qualifications do I need to be a lab technician?
- 14 Why should I become a lab technician?
- 15 What is the salary of a lab technician in Ghana?
Where can I work if I study science laboratory technology?
Hospitals, Educational institutions, Food industries, Oil companies, Breweries, Petrochemical industries, Pharmaceutical companies, Agro-based industries, Cosmetics industries, Quality control officers in different companies, Some others include water industry, pharmacology research labs, Physiology research labs,
Can science laboratory technology work in hospital?
Generally speaking you can work in almost any medical, farmaceutical, and biotechnological lab. Some countries require you to have a specific diploma to work in medical labs, though. You can work in 24h labs, toxicology labs, immunology labs, microbiology labs,… and a whole lot of different ones.
What is the function of science laboratory technology?
Scientific laboratory technicians carry out the work that allows scientists to concentrate on, and perform, the more complex analytical processes in the laboratory. You’ll be involved in a variety of laboratory -based investigations within biological, chemical, physical and life science areas.
How long does it take to study science laboratory technology?
|Course||Science Laboratory Technology|
|How many years||3 – 4 Years|
|Who can study this couse||Science student|
|Cut off mark||Varies|
What skills do you need to work in a lab?
Key skills for laboratory technicians
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good teamworking skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Time management.
Can I work in a lab without a degree?
Medical lab assistants typically need an associate degree or postsecondary certificate in medical laboratory technology or a related field. Most employers provide training for lab assistants with no experience before the official start of your employment.
What is the difference between medical lab science and science lab technology?
The Science Laboratory Technology Program prepares graduates for employment in chemical, biological, and associated science laboratories. Medical Laboratory Assistant and Technicians are trained in the College of Health Technology while Medical Laboratory Scientists are trained in the universities.
What is the cut off mark for Science Laboratory Technology?
JAMB general cut off mark for Science Laboratory Technology in the university is 160. What this means is that the minimum cut off mark to study Science Laboratory Technology in any university is 160.
What are the courses under Science Laboratory Technology?
The following are the list of Science Laboratory Technology Courses in Nigeria
- Analytical Chemistry.
- Applied Parasitology.
- Applied Storage Techniques.
- Applied Vector and Pest Management.
- Biological Sciences Techniques.
- Biological Techniques.
- Biology of Pests of Stored Products.
- Population Genetics.
What is the importance of science laboratory?
Science lab equipment allows students to interact directly with the data gathered. They get a first-hand learning experience by performing various experiments on their own. Students are made to use the models and understand different scientific theories and concepts.
Is lab technician a good career?
Medical Lab technology is a productive and challenging field. The initial salary package for a medical lab technology / technician ranges from Rs 10,000 – Rs 20,000 per month in hospitals and in clinics. One can also earn a good amount as a freelancer. The pay packages gradually increase with years of experience.
Is a lab technician a scientist?
Medical laboratory science professionals (also called clinical laboratory scientists or clinical laboratory technicians ) are highly skilled scientists who discover the presence or absence of disease and provide data that help physicians determine the best treatment for the patient.
What qualifications do I need to be a lab technician?
- knowledge of chemistry including the safe use and disposal of chemicals.
- knowledge of biology.
- the ability to work well with your hands.
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- the ability to use your initiative.
- the ability to work well with others.
- administration skills.
- maths knowledge.
Why should I become a lab technician?
Cross Between Science, Tech and Healthcare Medical lab technicians use high tech equipment daily to test samples of the human body for diagnosis. For individuals who love science, technology and healthcare, a medical lab tech career is a perfect mix of all three fields.
What is the salary of a lab technician in Ghana?
How much money does a Laboratory Technician make in Ghana? A person working as a Laboratory Technician in Ghana typically earns around 3,590 GHS per month. Salaries range from 1,830 GHS (lowest) to 5,530 GHS (highest). This is the average monthly salary including housing, transport, and other benefits.