- 1 What are automotive technologies?
- 2 Is automotive technology a good career?
- 3 What can you do with automotive technology?
- 4 What is an automotive technology degree?
- 5 Is automotive technology hard?
- 6 What is the latest technology in cars?
- 7 Do mechanics make good money?
- 8 Why being a mechanic is bad?
- 9 What are the best jobs in the automotive industry?
- 10 What is the highest paying job in the automotive industry?
- 11 Should I get a degree in automotive technology?
- 12 What do Automotive Engineers do?
- 13 Are automotive technicians in demand?
- 14 What is a mechanic degree called?
- 15 What is the best automotive school?
What are automotive technologies?
Automotive Technology: The Basics Simply put, automotive technology refers to the study of self-propelled vehicles or machines. That applies to standard automobiles, sports cars, tractor-trailers, marine vehicles and more.
Is automotive technology a good career?
The auto industry is booming, and it needs highly trained technicians who are passionate about cars to keep consumers on the road. With the motivation to learn and the drive to take on new challenges, pursuing an auto tech job is a great career choice.
What can you do with automotive technology?
What Can You Do With an Automotive Technology Degree?
- Automotive Body and Glass Repairers.
- Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics.
- Diesel Service Technicians and Mechanics.
- General Maintenance and Repair Workers.
- Heavy and Tractor–Trailer Truck Drivers.
- Heavy Vehicle and Mobile Equipment Service Technicians.
What is an automotive technology degree?
The traditional automotive technology degree is a 2-year associate degree which costs between $10,000 and $25,000 per year. Students learn about transmissions, automotive brake service, climate control, and engine performance. Course curricula is focused on modern automobiles with their advanced electronic systems.
Is automotive technology hard?
Regardless, it’s a physically demanding job and can leave you mentally drained. If you’re not used to physical labor/time constraints i would classify it as a hard job yes. But my skill set makes it easier for me than college was. Everyday is a new learning experience even for some of the top tier Mechanics.
What is the latest technology in cars?
Top 10 Latest Car Technology Innovations of The Past Decade
- Fast Charging. Electric Vehicles or EVs have become increasingly popular across the world and they are continuing to develop as we speak.
- Lane Keep Assist.
- Automatic Parking.
- Voice Recognition.
- Automatic Emergency Braking.
- Smartphone Integration.
Do mechanics make good money?
Generally, mechanics make a decent living, earning a median annual salary of $36,600. But most are paid according to a “flat-rate” system, meaning that they only make money when there is actual work to be done. He makes $12 per hour for every hour he is at work, regardless of the workload.
Why being a mechanic is bad?
Many mechanics are around heavy equipment. They have to constantly lift items which can have a strain on their back over time. Also, they may spend long amounts of time bent over or lying on their back. They must use various tools that put them in awkward positions.
What are the best jobs in the automotive industry?
- Auto electrician.
- Tow truck driver.
- Car salesperson.
- Auto sales manager.
- Auto engineer.
- Process engineer.
- Auto designer.
- Quality testing engineer.
What is the highest paying job in the automotive industry?
Highest – paying career paths to pursue in the automotive industry
- Quality testing engineer. These engineers are responsible for testing every component of a vehicle.
- Automotive designer.
- Process engineer.
- Automotive sales manager.
Should I get a degree in automotive technology?
An automotive technology degree will help future technicians master the critical skills needed for a successful career in the field. It will also introduce them to the kind of hands-on experience most employers are looking for. Earn your degree in Automotive Technology from NEIT and begin your new career path today!
What do Automotive Engineers do?
Automotive engineers are employed by car and truck manufacturers as well as parts suppliers to design and build entire vehicles or individual parts or systems. They may work on the vehicle’s engine design, aerodynamics, performance and fuel efficiency, safety features, ergonomics, and more.
Are automotive technicians in demand?
Automotive mechanics and technicians like Michael Gerhart are in high demand as a blue-collar worker shortage is expected to continue this year. “In the U.S., more than most other advanced economies, the American dream is to go to a four-year college and not have a manual job.
What is a mechanic degree called?
|Required Education||Associate’s degree or certificate in automotive technology|
|Other Requirements||Most employers require ASE certification; continuing education typically necessary|
|Projected Job Growth (2019-2029)*||-4% decline (for all automotive service technicians and mechanics )|
What is the best automotive school?
The 20 Best Auto Mechanic Schools
- University of Northwestern Ohio. Lima, Ohio.
- Montana State University – Northern. Havre, Montana.
- Ferris State University. Big Rapids, Michigan.
- Weber State University. Ogden, Utah.
- Southern Adventist University.
- Utah Valley University.
- Brigham Young University – Idaho.
- Walla Walla University.